When a loved one passes way, most people often find themselves overwhelmed. Not only must they deal with the grieving process, but they are also confronted with settling the deceased’s affairs. Such an endeavor can be confusing and time-consuming. We are available to assist in all aspects of this process.
There are two types of proceedings available in New York to settle the decedent’s debts and distribute their assets: (1) probate proceedings and (2) administration proceedings.
- Used when the deceased left a will
- Determines validity of will
- Appoints executor of estate to handle the estate
- Used when deceased passed away without a will
- Appoint an administrator to collect and distribute the assets
- Appointed person is usually a family member
Please contact us to discuss which of these proceedings is suitable for you.